The Gurdwara is open everyday to everyone. Sikhism believes in equality, during the service everyone sits down together on the carpeted floor in the Diwan hall.
The Gurdwara is managed by an executive board of Sikh Society of Minnesota, elected from the members of the sangat (congregation). Through this committee, the sangat sets the governing rules for the Gurdwara.
The rules that should be followed on the Gurdwara premises are:
- Remove your shoes before entering the Diwan/Main Hall. Shoe racks are available inside the entrance hall of the Gurdwara.
- Cover your head at all times inside the Gurdwara.
- It is recomended to bow in front of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji when joining the sangat (congregation) inside the Diwan/Main Hall.
- Everyone in good health condition sits cross-legged on the carpeted floor facing the Guru Granth Sahib Ji when inside the Diwan/Main Hall. There are benches available for people with medical condition or are older that may not be able to sit down on carpet.
- Everyone stands up during the Ardas (common prayer to God).
- Switch off any mobile phone before entering the Diwan hall.
- No alcohol, tobacco, smoking or meat is allowed on the Gurdwara premises.
The Gurdwara opens every day. Bhai Gurdial Singh Paras our head Granthi(Priest) presides the congregation. If you have specific question about the service, Please contact him at Gurdwara - Phone:952-888-2705 / 214-762-3326 (cell). Friday Evening Service Program (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Rehrahas                                 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Kirtan Darbar                         7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Langar                                     8:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Sunday Service Program (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
- Sukhmani Sahib                   09:00 AM - 10:00 A.M
- Assa-di-Var                           10:00 AM - 11:00 A.M
- KirtanDarbar                         11:00 AM - 12:15 P.M
- Langar                                   12:30 P.M - 1:00 P.M
Third Sunday of every month is Kids Diwan. This means Kirtan, Speeches and common Ardas is performed by the kids. The following religeous services are offered by the Gurdwara.
- Akhand Paths
- Sehj Paths
- Sukhmani Sahib Paths
- Sikh Marriages
Sikh Society of Minnesota Board
There is no overall organization that is responsible for all the Gurdwaras in the USA or even throughout the world. Instead the sangat (congregation) from each Gurdwara elects a Management Committee that will have executive responsibility for the day to day management of the Gurdwara in accordance with the Sikh Code of Practice.
There are eleven board members serving in Management Committee in a given calendar year. Each member is elected for the three year term and after that has to sit for a gap of two years before he or she qualifies to be elected as board member again. The board members at the begining of the year elects executives such as President, Vice President, General Secretary and Treasurer for the year.
Mr. Prabhjit Singh GujralPresident
Mr. Daljit Singh SikkaVice President
Mr. Randeep Singh AroraGeneral Secretary
Mr. Prabhjit Singh BatraTreasurer